Configuring Wago Input cards

• How do you configure Wago input cards on a KRC-2 controller? Two cards were already configured years ago when we purchased the robot and now we have to add another card to for the robot and can't seem to figure it out. I'm new programming Kuka robots step by step help would be appreciated.

• By "card,", do you mean you've added another slice to an existing backplane, or did you add a new bus coupler to the bus?

Which bus are you using: DeviceNet, Profibus, Interbus, etc? That matters as to which files need to be changed, and how.

• We removed an Analog Input slice from slot 3 in the existing backplane, and replaced it with a Digital Input Card in the same spot. We are using DeviceNet. Thank you for the help.

• Hm... I'm trying to recall if Wago plays with the slice addressing vs the physical slice locations, the way Beckhoff does. I think not, but it's been a while since I used Wago slices.

As I recall, with Wago sliced I/O, the Input slices have to come first (counting downstream from the bus coupler), then the Output slices. As long as you've done that, the overall Wago block should look to the robot like a group of Output bytes and Input bytes, and each bit will, in order, be associated to a physical terminal on the Wago slices.

Are you using the MFC DeviceNet connector, or one of the add-in LPDN cards? If the former, the DevNet setup will be in DEVNET.INI, and probably will not need to change. If the latter, then you'll probably need to change the InBytes parameter in the matching DNSCx_CO.INI file (where x is the number of the channel you're using). You can probably determine this just by looking at IOSYS.INI and seeing which drivers are uncommented.

IOSYS.INI is also where the signals to/from the Wago block are connected to the robot's internal Inputs and Outputs. Depending on exactly how the original setup was configured, you may need to remove ANIN assignments for the analog input, and replace them with an INB assignment for the new digital inputs.

Advertising from our partners