Fanuc 30iA and RJ3iB Freezes while backing up.

• I have several Fanuc controllers that are 30iA and RJ3iB that freeze when trying to back them up over the network. This stops the robot and the TP is useless because you can not select anything. The only way to fix it is to cycle power. Has anyone every ran into this problem? Please help me correct this issue.

• Hi
    I had almost same problem with R30iA. Freezes while backing up. It wasn't over network but with USB flash. It seems to me that it gets freezed when robot is very busy, because it happened every time I tried to back up while robot was running without stopping, but I never saw it when I stopped production line and robot had nothing to do. It's not answer to your question but maybe it can help a bit.

• I have seen a network hickup bring an R30ia/ib to its knees several times. I haven't investigated it, but it sure happens. Simply unplugging the ethernet cable would bring it back alive for me. It acted as though it was totally frozen, even the TP wouldnt respond to multiple key presses...for several seconds.

Hope this helps..

• Lupus,

I can load the robot on the webpage and connect through filezilla. But when I start to transfer files it will lock the controller up. This doesn't seem to happen as much when the robots are not running. But others backup fine that have a lot more going on. I have some robots that we keep the ethernet unplugged because of the fact that it will lock them down and they will not reboot. I just wondered if there was a fix or is that a program that clears the RAM?

• I've heard that Version 8.10P/07 on a r30iB is bad about having this problem and was told to update my controller to a fix this problem and i have not had it yet but i have seen it lock up when attemping to exit the keyboard on the touch screen EXIT button. so sorry couldn't help more.

Advertising from our partners