SRVO-231 Chain 2 abnormal 0,0

• Dear All,

We are facing this problem in R30iA controller and it is occurring frequently and each time, the problem is resolved with a different countermeasure i.e., servo amp. replaced first time, back plane PCB second time, teach pendant third time. The replaced units are not faulty at all and work OK on different controller.

We use a single chain panel PCB. So, all the connections (EES1-EES11, EAS1-EAS11, SD4-SD41,EES2-EES21 etc), that manual suggests to check, are not present.

This robot is a ticking time bomb waiting to explode. :help: :help: :help:

• Id bet Your system is not a single chain if its an R30ia. It must be wired for a dual chain safety system. This is why your getting your faults. The system checks that when one switch (chain) changes state, the other must also change within 200ms of each other. You are needlessly replacing parts ....which brings me to ask... why did you change the servo amp? It has nothing to do with this system and is not even a recommended remedy in the help section of SRVO alarms. Can you please take a picture of your OP board on the controller front door and post it here please? Also, what backplane board are you talking about? Hope we can help you.

-Eric

• Eric:

I have attached pictures for both single and dual chain panel board.

Sorry, i could not put the actual picture taken by camera but the part no. and appearance is exactly the same as the one we use in our controllers. I took this snap from "R-30iA Controller Maintenance Manual" itself. It is on page number 186 of the manual. You can check it.

I know changing Servo Amp for this problem is not a solution but i cant neglect the fact that fault disappeared after doing so. Also, I know the removed servo amp was not faulty because it worked OK on different controller.

RoBoWi:
    I am not sure that the TP we are using, is single chain but it might be. Because it works fine if we interchange it with RJ3iB controller.

• So there's a fault in in Chain 2, and you have a single Chain emergency circuit?? :hmmm:
    Can you post us the Panel board pcb nr. and the TP nr.

Btw. RJ3iB also uses dual chain TP's (standard) as far is I know RJ2 was the last standard single chain controller.

• I have looked on fanuc's CRC edocs and my CD's too and cannot find this picture or part number. An actual picture of your controller panel board is where we need to start I am affraid. What operating system software version are you on for this controller?

Thanks -Eric

• As far as i know the only RJ3 controller i know that are single channel are the old RJ3 (With nothing after). We got 2 down here. All the other iA or iB are dual channel.

• Ive compared this board image to otehr r30ia's I can only guess that it is a fanuc solution board of some type. There are extra relays on this board. If i had to make an educated guess.. I'd say it is a dual chain system, but is made single chain by this special board via the little white relays under TBOP4. KA22 is usually a larger relay located in the lower right corner next to KA21. I would replace this board. If this board uses the relays to make up for the dual chain, one of the contacts may have developed a little bit of tarnish from age. The switching current through the contacts is low enough ( milliamps ) at 24vdc that they wont self clean and the smallest amount of tarnish will make them stop connecting. If you could get inside them, a little contact cleaner that is plastic safe could help you. If you are having a relay start to fail, it would explain the chain 2 failure on a single chain board.

IF this happens again, before you replace anything, lightly tap on the relays and go to the teach pendant alarm screen and attempt to reset the alarm via RES 1CH to repair the chain fault. If it goes away after tapping on the relays, this this is the problem.

Keep us informed please if you get this fixed. It helps us determine if our information we give out is correct.

-Eric

• You replaced the panelboard......., without result.

?? Did I miss this ? He said backplane board which I thought would have been the backplane behind the processor-PSU boards. But yea- what RoboWi said - try the TP cable and make sure its screwed in all the way to the TP.

• Dear All!

On contacting Fanuc India (who then contacted Fanuc Japan), they had asked us to check the following:

1. Influence of Noise
    2. Confirmation of earth resistance
    3. Confirmation of the connection between TP and panel board-emergency stop-servo amplifier
    4. Mode selector switch may be faulty.

We had checked (2) using power analyser and found earth resistance OK. (3) there was not a single pcb/cable that was left unchanged. (4) is also OK

But we found out that the incoming MCB connections were loose which might have been causing spikes/harmonic noise into the system and thus causing chain failure. So (1) is the reason.

We have kept the robot under observation and found issues in the last 4 days. Hope this helps. Will keep you posted if there is anything else.

Regards

Advertising from our partners