Different ways stop robot?

• Hi all,

We have 2000iA/iB (RJ3, RJ3iB, R30iA) series robots that have InstaStop activated. This is great as we can get a controlled stop quickly. The one downside is that the robots do not finish there motion block and sometimes pneumatic weld guns with aggressive anticipation times will close before reaching the weld location. This results in a crash at startup.

Any other ideas as to how we can request an external stop? Is there any way to request a hold similar to simulate pressing the "step" button?

Regards,

ERT

• I would suggest to add logic to open your pneumatic guns when a stop condition exist, and re-close them until a the robot reach the final point.
    Are you using Plc? Or is the robot controlling the guns? Or the welder??

• ERT

HI:

You can use the servo disconnect this allows to the robot stop softly "soft stop"
    Read the manual about the config, the connector is on the back of user operator panel..

Tlalóc<br />Always take it easy!!!!!

Edited once, last by Tlalóc ().

• I am afraid that dropping the UOP 'hold" signal and also initiating a 'servo disconnect' would have the exact same end result that this person is already experiencing - a controlled stop and interupted , uncompleted motion from one point to another.

I would edit your program and condition each move statment with a digital input to 'authorize" each movement. That way when your digital input dissapears, it will allow the current move to finish, but won't let the next one happen till the DI goes high again.

Are the moves in Karel or TPE?

It's kind of crude, but replace your move statments with something like this:

LBL[10]
    IF DI[:permissive] =off, JMP LBL[10]
    L Move #1
    LBL[20]
    IF DI[:permissive] =off, JMP LBL[20]
    L Move #2
    LBL[30]
    IF DI[:permissive] =off, JMP LBL[30]
    L Move #3
    LBL[40]
    IF DI[:permissive] =off, JMP LBL[40]
    L Move #4

This can of course be programmed better but I hope you get the idea. Like I said, it allows each move segment to complete and checks
    the DI to allow the next one to happen.

Hope this helps -Eric

• ERT:

Servo disconnect is for robot (soft stop, "like a when you press hold key"); but you explains me you are using a Pneumatic gun, So you can create a Background logic to stop the robot at each movement like said Chipprogr; but in background.

EXAMPLE:
    You can stop the robot if the Di(Gun open) of Gun retract isn´t ack.
    In Background logic your program is so easy ti read and navegate on it.

Regulary water is monitoring in background..

1:Gunopen

2:L(2w8r322a_1) 1000 mm/seg Fine
    (Bu: ;Bo )
    3:Gunopen

4:L(3) 2000 mm/seg CNT50

5:Gunopen
    6:L(2w8r323a_9) 1000 mm/seg CNT45

7:Gunopen
    4:L(4) 800 mm/seg CNT50

PRG:Gun open
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    $wait timeout=800
    wait Di(Gun open)=on
    :timeout,LBL(3)

LBL(3: message1)
    Message(gun not open)

you write your sentences
    -------------------------------------------------------------

Then with servodisconnect is combinaded with backgroun logic you can stops the robot safetly.

Exist another option I´m only used it at spot tool ver.7.4 and upper, called TCONLINE I used it like redundance at logic, when I need know the value of a clamp signal.

1:Gunopen
    2:TC_ONLINE !(DI(81:open p1 gun)) or area, or specifically DI
    3:L(3) 2000 mm/seg CNT50
    4:L(2w8r322a_1) 1000 mm/seg Fine

5: TC_ONLINE DISABLE
    6:Gunopen

7:L(3) 2000 mm/seg CNT50

6:Gunopen
    7:TC_ONLINE !(DI(81:open gun))
    8:L(2w8r323a_9) 1000 mm/seg CNT45
    9: TC_ONLINE DISABLE
    10:Gunopen
    11:L(4) 800 mm/seg CNT50

When you using TCONLINE the robots stops inmediatly This is cause the robot read is monitoring that sentence, not runs. NOT FWD NOT BWD.
    So to runs the program again, you need it activate the value you need it or Disable the TC ONLINE.

You can monitoring the value you need it!!

I hope It help you!!!!

Tlalóc<br />Always take it easy!!!!!

Edited once, last by Tlalóc ().

• Thanks to all for your suggestions.

The $SSR.$SINGLESTEP=1 idea from last years post seems like the most efficient solution. I will give this a try, and maybe one of the others too.

Thanks again!

ERT

Advertising from our partners