Backup problems with IRC4+

• Hey, i am doing some programming these days on a IRC4+, after the day i take backup, but i got a problem.

I get no error or anything, but when i look at the backup it sometimes backups old routines who might be deleted for over 1 month ago, sometimes it backups routines in 1 of my modules into the ''main'' module.
    The fails are always one of those 2, but the backups are never the same.
    It's BTW always the ''main'' module who is wrong, all the other modules are fine.

If i try 10-15 times i usually get the right backup, but it takes a long time to backup, check if its OK, then do a new backup etc.

Anyone know what this might be?

• Some older S4c+ robotware backed up BACKUP directory in the robot home directory so you ended up with backups inside the HOME/backups directory and it was a mess.

I would suggest connecting a laptop up to the contrller via the service port using ftp voyager or filezilla and clean out any old backups after first copying them to the PC.

Make a backup directory on the hd0a root dirctory and make new backups in the new backup directory and check what you get after the first backup.

BR<br />prnuk2003

• I did as you said prnuk2003, seems like it worked, the backups are fine now.
    Except one problem, the init and the main routine ain't in the backups!
    Do you know what this might be too?

• The init and main routines will be in a module or in separate modules.

Look on the teach pendant to find the module they are in then go to your backup and in RAPID/TASK0/ then PROGMOD if they are in a program modules or SYSMOD folder if they are in a system modules.

The RAPID/TASK0 folder has all the modules that are loaded into memory (whatever you see in View 6. modules).
    The HOME directory has all modules saved to the robot home directory at time of backup.

Any problems please zip the backup and send via PM or post here and I'll take a look.

BR<br />prnuk2003

• hi,prnuk2003
    I often let the "home" directory empty and make the backup into the "backup" folder.
    Is this acceptable to avoid the problem like Kjetti's?

Good controller for good manipulator, good programmer for good robots

• In newer S4C+ revision software it doesn't matter but now through habit I always create the BACKUP directory directly on hd0a (not in any subdirectory). All backups go in this directory.

BR<br />prnuk2003

Advertising from our partners