Help with xrc initialize

• Hello all, I was hoping someone could give me a little help on an xrc initialize. I am somewhat unfimilair with Motoman robots. When I do it I get error 1350, which isn't in the manual. I can only guess it is because I am not going the initialize correctly. I really do not want to wait weeks for a Motoman tech to come. Robot is a SP100X with XRC 2001 controller. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Thought I should add, I just bought this robot. The backup battery was dead before it ever got here.

• where are you from?
    do this:
    a) Turn ON the power, while pressing [TOP MENU].
    b)Change the security mode to “MANAGEMENT MODE”password : .......................... - for this you must e-mail me..
    The maintenance mode display appears.
    If the security mode (“SECURITY”) is set to “MANAGEMENT MODE”, the
    maintenance mode for the end user starts
    Selecting {SYSTEM} from the top menu, allows initialization and setting of system
    and display of version information
    INITIALIZE
    Sets the system parameters automatically and initializes all files.
    Saves the settings in the CMOS memory.
    Before the first startup of the XRC, initialize the system settings.
    2) SETUP
    Sets or modifies the system parameters.
    Sets the system parameters automaticlly.
    In the following cases, modify the system settings.
    ✔ An external axis has been added.
    ✔ The application has been changed.
    ✔ An I/O module has been added.
    ✔ A sensor board has been added (not supported currently).
    3) VERSION
    Displays the version information of the system program.
    {INITIALIZE} and {SETUP} can set the following items.
    ✔ Language
    ✔ Control group (including base axis specifications and station axis
    specifications)
    ✔ Application (including applications for the CIO ladder and for using the robot)
    ✔ I/O module
    ✔ Optional board (not supported currently)
    ✔ CMOS memory
    ✔ Date/Time....
    hope this help you

• Hello rzapo, I am in the US. I have gotten into the maintenance mode and done an initialize, I do have the Yaskawa mode password. I will walk through the steps I take when I initialize and perhaps you can steer me in the direction I need and tell me what I am doing wrong.

First screen for R1 I pick SP100-J2*, the model tag on the robot says YR-SP1000J02. I have also picked regular SP100-J0*, no difference. I also have B1, R2, and S1 here, I leave those at "none".

Next screen under "SV" I only have #1, under "contact" I only have 1 or 2, I have tried both.

Next screen "Application" I do "general purpose" I have also done "Handling" no change. Next to R1 where the circle is I have both checked it and un-checked it, no change. CIO Ladder I leave at general or handling depending on which application I choose.

Next screen "IO Module" only shows something on #15 "XC101module 16byte" can't change this. has 40 DI and 40 DO no AI or AO.

Next screen "Option Board" can't change anything so it just says "none" and "none"

Next screen "Safety Spec" under XFC01#1 through #6, I leave these at none, should something here be at "exist"?

And final screen before clock is CMOS Memory, can't change it and it is 4mb.

Hopefully this is understandable to anyone willing to help, I just need to be pointed in the right direction and what these options should be set at. Thank you for your help.

• Hello again, I have initialized it. When I restart it in normal mode I get this error "Error 1350 - Power on unit mismatch" which is not in my XRC error code manual. It also thinks the P.P. e-stop is is pressed when it is not. Everything looks ok on my Safety relay.

• Check power supply and look for any short circuit of DC24V.

All my 24V seems to be working just fine. I have gotten rid of the error 1350. Now just dealing with the P.P.E-Stop problem. Seems someone may have been doing some repinning on the CN43 as well as some rewiring on the safety relay. Working through it now. Thanks for your help guys.

• On some XRC robots the teach pendant(PP) have external relays wired in to allow safety conections to the outside world.
    2 Yellow Pilz mounted on the din rail on the left bottom of the cabinet next to the external estop wiring terminal strip

Oh, well

• Dear Gentlemen
    I have similar problem. on my XRC battery went down and then replaced there was no way to start the system due to damages CMOS structure(also it was not possible to SAVE CMOS on CF). I did Clear CMOS in maintenance mode and every time I switch on the system it says "load Batch CMOS file".
    the manual of CPU board says that I have to do system initialize. I did it several times but it's all the same. should I do initialize one by one for each checkbox? what I am doing is I select all checkboxes. also do I have to be in Motoman Mode or Administrator is enough?

Regards
    Arsham

Advertising from our partners